Monday, November 11, 2013

Something Old


About a year ago I made this blanket, to be seen in this post. It's the softest blanket ever, made from Piima cotton, Pico from Lana Grossa. It's so nice and distensible (is this the right word in this context??).


I used different colors than I usually do, but I really like the results. And it's possible to use for a boy or a girl, to my opinion.


But, a year ago I didn't know what to do for an edging, so there was none. I just did a round of singel crochets and that was that. But last week I found a scrap of the pretty light green yarn and decided to give it another go...


With this as a result. I think it looks much better and you??


I made a little chart of the edging I used. I think it's a nice and easy edging for a granny project. 


I do kind of miss the other colors in this project... You know I'm a sucker for Color Bombs. But I still think it's sweet. And I didn't use the join-as-you-go method (forgot and already had all the squares done...) but sew them together. I do like the result. Maybe I should use it more often...


That's it for today! Wednesday another tutorial on a simple flower and the sources of some of the flowers from this post last week. See you then! 

Have a rainy/sunny monday.




Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Het ziet er prachtig uit! Aloewel ik het zonder het extra randje ook al heel mooi vond. En ja, het is inderdaad erg geschikt voor zowel jongens als meisjes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lime and turquoise together….awwwww!!!!!
    really nice, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bright colors. Would suit any baby tho i would prefer it for a boy :) Lovely edge and as usual great clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that edging looks stunning.Those colours work together beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blanket and the edging is awesome, and I love that you added this a year after you made it! :D I always love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blanket and the colors are so fresh!
    Thank you for sharing the nice edging pattern. I think I will try in one of my blankets.
    xxx, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post because I never know either how to finish my work :( grrrrrr
    I will try this way for the next.
    Have a good day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx everyone. Hope you can use it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please give written instructions for this edging? I'm not good at reading these drawings. I love this baby blanket and would like to make one. What are the names of the colors?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10