Monday, October 1, 2012

Finished!

So I've finished the pillowcase I showed you last time. I'm excited about how it turned out. You always have to wait and see, right!?




The torso in the back is my own doing as well. It's a collage I made 2 years ago. 




This is the back of the pillow. It was one of my first zippers, and I'm quite happy how it turned out. I'm going to practice more when I make more pillowcases. I like it for a project, because it will be ready in a day or 3/4. I'm going to make this one with different colors as well.

Did you also see the lamp in the second picture? I bought it at a flee market for only 1,50 (euro's). It functions wonderfully well and orange is my favorite color. I was totally excited when I saw it, just lying there on the floor. I will show you some more pictures...



Son't you love it?? The diva behind it we bought when we lived in Thailand, last year. We just couldn't part from it and brought it home. 

Anywho, I still have about 100 projects coming and this is one of them. Friends of mine are having their first baby soon and since I love to make baby blankets this one will be from me to them. Tried a thicker cotton yarn this time. What do you think?



I've almost finished the edging and want to line it with some sort of soft cotton, still have to figure out what... I'll show you soon! 

Feel welcome to let me know what you think.








8 comments:

  1. Hallo! do you have a pattern? or at least an explanation? I´m a new chocheter!! thanks from Buenos Aires. My mail es: iriverohaedottsviajes.com
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I don't know if you mean for the blanket or the pillow. The address above is no email-adress. I will think about making a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a tutorial for the pillow - looks so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will look into it after the holiday. Maybe I'll make one. Thanx for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great - have a nice holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Todo es fabuloso, te sigo siempre y ver tu blog es como un bálsamo para mi alma, me llena de alegría, gracias por compartir cosas tan bellas, saludos desde Suiza :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you do your crochet with fabric on the back. Your pillows looks so pretty!!! May I know if you machine stitch to the crochet piece or whipstitch by hand? How much allowance on the crochet piece to attach to the fabric? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I did this one by sewing machine. I actually have a tutorial for sale in my shop about sewing a fabric back to a crochet front: https://www.etsy.com/listing/192096175/cushion-cover-tutorial-color-n-cream?ref=shop_home_active_8
      Good luck and have fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10